I’m Anirudh Oppiliappan, often found as icyphox (or sometimes just icy) on the Internet. I currently live in beautiful Helsinki, Finland and work for UpCloud as a Kubernetes Engineer. Below are a few things that interest me, and can serve as conversation starters for you:
- Security. All kinds of it: operational, physical, threat intel, cloud-native, etc.
- Infrastructure. Kubernetes, containers, observability.
- Geopolitics and national security; mostly eastern Europe and Russia.
- Motorsport. I closely follow F1, F2 and F3.
- Startups and indie-hacking. Admittedly, I don’t know much but I follow the space.
- Fitness. Strength training, calisthenics.
- The Go programming language. I love Go and I swear by the standard library.
- Language learning. Spoken, obviously. Currently learning Russian. Big fan of total immersion and comprehensible input.
- Self-hosting and homelabbing.
- Ergonomic keyboards. I like to build them. I also like to use them.
- Electric skateboarding and PEVs.
Some of my links:
If you’re interested in hiring me—here’s my résumé.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Should you need it, my PGP key:
FE1B 8FCF E6C1 6222 F157 1C8E 8A93 F96F 78C5 D4C4
I have both Signal and Session. If you know me personally, you probably already have my number for Signal. If not, here’s my Session ID:
I’m available on IRC as
icy on libera.chat and
rizon.net but I’m likely to miss messages as I
don’t get notified. Use the above methods instead.
This site is built using vite—a static site generator written in Go. The source for this site is here, licensed under MIT. All content on this site is available under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.
The font in use is Inter 4.0-beta7, with Inter for text, and Inter Display for headings and titles.
This site is hosted at home on OpenBSD.